- To provide social studies educators in Maine with an opportunity to build working relationships with other Maine social studies educators.
- To provide a forum for discussion on elementary/secondary social studies and on the social studies profession itself.
- To provide institutional representation for the interests of and concerns of social studies educators.
- To provide a variety of professional services to Maine social studies educators, such as offering conferences, workshops, networking, and bimonthly newsletters.
- Download a pdf of our Constitution and Bylaws.
The MCSS Executive Board meetings are held in the Maine State Library (in The Studio conference room) in Augusta on the second Wednesday of each month from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Meetings are open to anyone! If you have any questions, please contact us.
Committees & Leadership
Please join one of our committees—we're always looking for additional help in getting our work done around the state. Please complete the committee application to submit your information if you are interested in helping MCSS!
Maybe, you would like to become a Social Studies leader in Maine and join our Executive Board. If so, please fill out the MCSS Executive Board application. A Board member will be in touch with you to discuss your application!
Any events, news, or other items will be updated regularly in the Newsletter blog, but you may also browse the bimonthly issues as they were originally sent.
Email us at email@example.com.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 1165, Scarborough 04074.