- To provide social studies educators in Maine with an opportunity to build working relationships with other Maine social studies educators.
- To provide a forum for discussion on elementary/secondary social studies and on the social studies profession itself.
- To provide institutional representation for the interests of and concerns of social studies educators.
- To provide a variety of professional services to Maine social studies educators, such as offering conferences, workshops, networking, and bimonthly newsletters.
- Download a pdf of our Constitution and Bylaws.
The MCSS Executive Board meetings are held in the Maine State Library (in The Studio conference room) in Augusta on the second Thursday of each month from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Meetings are open to anyone! If you have any questions, please contact us.
Please join our committees—we're always looking for additional help in getting our work done around the state. Please contact us if you are interested in helping!
Any events, news, or other items will be updated regularly in the Newsletter blog, but you may also browse the bimonthly issues as they were originally sent.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 1165, Scarborough 04074.